Today, although many efforts are made to ensure that every measurement and operation is perfect, some invisible and invisible factors create problems for this perfect operation. These factors, which cannot be felt by humans, can only be captured with the flawless approach of a machine. The difference in temperature and humidity, which can have big results in the smallest difference, is one of them. Precise air conditioning of places such as laboratories where sensitive measurements are made, museums where information is stored, important documents and artifacts are kept, archive rooms, data centers, UPS rooms is of vital importance as the slightest mistake results in a great loss of information and cost.
Spaces such as data centers, system rooms, museums, archives, laboratories, UPS and panel rooms, electrical & electronic equipment rooms, computer and telecommunication systems have different design and air conditioning criteria than the needs of human comfort.
In these devices and systems, which emit heat to the area they are in during their operation, if the correct cooling is not provided, the increased heating causes data loss and the system to consume its life in a short time. As another factor we encounter, an increase in the amount of moisture creates losses due to oxidation in electronic devices.
These systems should be programmed according to sensitive and variable needs by modeling the heat gain calculations that model the heat sources that generate intense heat production, and they should be cooled in a way that guarantees continuity and they should operate in the desired thermal conditions.
Precision-controlled air conditioners are air-conditioning devices that provide the necessary temperature and humidity control for such spaces. Precision controlled air conditioners, designed on the basis of 365 days and 24 hours a year operation, provide the necessary temperature, humidity and filtration, maximizing the working life and efficiency of electronic equipment.
Some points to be considered in precision air conditioner selection and application are as follows:
- Precision air conditioners are devices with high capacity and flow that can operate at constant temperature and humidity, and can dehumidify when necessary. Sensible heat rates are between 0.9-1, unlike devices produced for comfort.
- Precision air conditioners consist of two main units; It consists of evaporator (indoor unit) and condenser (outdoor unit). New generation gases such as ozone friendly R410A and R407C are used, which provide refrigerant properties between the two units.
- They have a design that provides humidity and temperature together in certain tolerance ranges. For example, the recommended temperature range in system rooms is 20 to 22 °C, and relative humidity is between 50 and 55 percent RH. In textile laboratories, the desired relative humidity is in the range of 60-80 percent RH.
- Temperature can be fixed at +/- 1 °C and humidity +/- 5 percent RH tolerances. The ability to monitor over the Internet and connect to building automation systems makes it possible to monitor the system remotely.
- Precision air conditioners can operate comfortably between -30 °C and +45 °C.
- It should be ensured that the places to be air-conditioned with precision air conditioners are made with materials that will not feel the temperature changes inside and outside.
- Important criteria for precision-controlled air conditioners; optimum cooling load and installed power, initial investment cost and operating cost, homogeneous distribution of high heat sources in the space in order to ensure homogeneous temperature and humidity.
- Capacity determination is not based on the dimensions of the place where precision air conditioning will be made; It should be done according to the heat load in the environment and the heat loads of the devices in the environment should be determined correctly.
- After determining the device capacity suitable for the air-conditioned environment, the device with the right capacity should be selected and an air distribution system that will provide homogeneous air circulation should be designed.
- The selection of the area and device to be air-conditioned should be made by considering the future growth expectations of the enterprise.
- Precisely controlled air-conditioning systems should be planned as redundant, in case of any failure, the backup air conditioner should be activated.
- The devices must be capable of operating again at the previously set value after power cuts.
- It is important that the devices do not emit electromagnetic waves and do not damage the surrounding electronic devices.
- As in comfort applications, the greatest consumption in air-conditioning systems with precision control occurs during cooling. High efficiency devices with low operating costs provide advantages.
- In devices; It is important that the fans have EC plug type, the expansion valves have electronic drive, and the compressors have DC Inverter technology. They must be controlled by an advanced microprocessor, allow direct intervention in low and high pressure values, provide high energy savings and ensure continuity in harsh working conditions.
- In system design, free-cooling infrastructure should be considered during the design phase of the device and energy savings should be achieved.
- Distance between indoor unit and outdoor unit; It should be installed with the necessary safety devices at a distance that will not affect the performance, in diameters and standards suitable for fluid velocity and oil return.
- Blowing methods should be chosen in parallel with the construction and infrastructure of the spaces. The homogeneous distribution of the conditioned air and the distribution system are very important in precision air conditioning. ,
- In precision-controlled air-conditioning solutions of the system room, a minimum of 30 cm raised floor should be applied for cold air corridors, if possible. Front or top suction and underfloor blowing models of the precision-controlled air-conditioning device should be selected. In this way, the cold air blown under the floor will provide efficient cooling through the grilles.
- Antistatic feature of the flooring to be made, min. It should be ensured that it has a fire resistance of 30 minutes and is strong enough to meet the weight of the cabinet and hardware above it. Periodic maintenance of the devices should be done regularly.
- Correct and periodic maintenance ensures that the system operates more efficiently and has a longer life.